Family

Family

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

{Thankful}

So this blog post is really just for my benefit, but as I was laying here in bed tonight, with my wonderful husband sleeping (ok, snoring!) next to me, a feeling of calmness washed over me.  It's one of those rare nights where the dishes are done, laundry, well, it has been started, the house is picked up, I just checked on Anna and is she sleeping peacefully in her crib (butt up in the air of course!), Bob snoring next to me and two cute puppies cuddling on the floor below me, I am reminded just how lucky I am.  So I felt like it would be a good thing to write about it - that way, when the going gets tough, we are overtired, overworked, and just plain overwhelmed, I can remind myself just how lucky and blessed we really are. 

I worked a full day today (my day started out even earlier than normal, as a storm blew out our electricity last night....I didn't realize it until I was on my way to my mom's to drop off Anna and it was 6:30 AM...oops!).  Anyway,after work, I came home, made supper (a low fat version of beef stroganoff, yum!) and Bob and I took Anna rollerblading for the first time and had an absolute blast!  We recently purchased a jogging stroller, so we thought we would give our roller blades a try.  After dusting them off, seriously, it has been YEARS, chatting with the neighbors, we were off...and could not stop laughing....we started off a little rusty and Anna was probably laughing on the inside at us, but had so much fun - Anna too.  Came home, got Anna ready for bed and played with her for an hour or so before she finally tuckered out....and boy did she work on walking....For about 45 minutes, all she did was stand up, take a couple steps, fall down, and repeat!  And then it was bottle and to bed...

So here is my note to self....on top of a busy day, I still had time to get on the floor, play and cuddle with Anna....so next time when everything seems to have piled up...let it go, get on the floor with Anna and have fun....because undoubtedly, while it really isn't even that important, there will be time to get it all done....somewhere down the road:)

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment