Family

Family

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

{Our Little Dancing Queen}

Last week, my mom, Elizabeth, Anna, and I packed up and headed out east to visit Mike, Michele, and Buster and see their new, beautiful home!  It is absolutely gorgeous and it was so great to finally see it and all of their hard work over the past year while they went through the building process.  I have to admit, while Bob and I would love to build our next house, after realizing all the decisions you have to make, it seems to be quite a daunting task!  We had a great time, spent much of it around their house, enjoying the peace and quiet (Anna loved spotting the TURKEEE! that roamed around their area), shopped our little hearts out, and even enjoyed a fun girls night out dinner while Mike graciously stayed home and babysat Anna - big thanks Uncle Mike!!!  Overall it was a great weekend and I am so happy to report that Anna did absolutely awesome on the trip...she went with the flow, napped when she could and traveled really well on the plane.  In fact, on our last leg of the trip home, she was out within 20 seconds of take off - and I certainly enjoyed the cuddling!


Showing Uncle Mike all of her "pretties" (hair bows)

New Hampshire, Here We Come!

Watching the Planes

Waiting for the parade with Chel - a little unsure of the clowns

Having a snack before we head home and playing "peekaboo"

In other news, apparently we have quite the dancing queen on our hands - Anna absolutely loves to dance!  I found my Aladdin soundtrack the other day and ever since, whenever Anna sees the case she brings it to the cd player in our room and asks to "play."  (Our favorite is "Part of Your World")  So it is no surprise that Anna is a big fan of having a dance party, which has become quite common in our house lately, especially on our days home together:)  Below is a video from Thursday night when we were out east of us Willis girls having a dance party.  A favorite activity we use to when we were younger, we never pass up an opportunity to have one when we are all together and there are no boys around - as you will see, Anna fits in quite well!


As I was taking the above video, it reminded me of a video from my bachlorette party back in the day, so I had to dig it out when we got home.  As I was watching it, I was not only quite embarrassed, but more importantly, caught myself smiling and laughing - I am so lucky to have such awesome ladies in my life - and now I can clearly see where Anna gets her good moves from, so I thought I would share, although surely Michele, Liz, and Stacy may not be very happy with me:) 


One final video I wanted to share is Anna dancing to one of her favorite songs, apparently we watch a little too much of the Big Bang Theory, as whenever the theme song comes on, Anna abandons whatever toy she is playing with to dance along with the music, and off course, doesnt miss the opportunity to shout "bang!" at the end:)  Bob caught this one on his phone tonight - sorry for the darkness, we were getting ready for quiet time.

No comments:

Post a Comment