Family

Family

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I Love my Mommy...Oh Yes I do

This year just happens to be the first year the Melissa and myself to got to spend mother's day as parents. That being said Anna wanted to make this year special being her first with her Mommy.  With that she sent me out on a quest to find the perfect gift.  Leading up to our special day we were able to celebrate a couple birthdays on the Saturday before Mothers day.  At the first birthday party we attneded Anna helped her friend Kate celebrate the big number 1 in style with food, fun with bubbles, and a little help opening the gifts.  It was then off to Titletown to celebrate my Uncle Don's 60th birthday.  With a full day filled with lots of excitement we all rushed home to get some rest.

The morning of Mother's started out with break feast in bed for Mommy. (French Toast and Sausage) Followed by some long overdue chores (yard work) for myself.  With the grass freshly cut Mommy and Anna got to spend some time outside soaking up some sun.


So this is what fresh cut grass feels like

Who needs play mats when getting grass stains is so much more fun


 After the house and yard were clean we set forth on getting ready for the rest of the day. With a little soap and a little water all three of us were set to head my parents for a visit before heading to Melissa's aunt Colleen's, but not before giving mommy her gift.

Anna helping me give/open Melissa's Mother's Day gift

I think Anna was just as surprised as Mommy was
  After the gift opening, the rest of day was filled with a quick but enjoyable stop at my parents house and a very nice get together for dinner at Melissa's aunt's house.  Overall it was a great day and I am sure if you were to ask Melissa the mot enjoyable part of the entire day was being able to spend it with Anna as a family and with both of our mothers too.

No comments:

Post a Comment