Family

Family

Monday, March 21, 2011

{SURPRISE!}

This past weekend, the Willis family celebrated my dad’s 60th birthday in a BIG way - with a surprise birthday party up at Titletown. My mom has had this idea in her mind the for the past year and asked me if I would help her plan it. I was more than happy to help out - I am all about this kind of stuff! So a few weeks back we got to work. The surprise went down like this:

Wording from the invitation -

Mike said no party, get me golf clubs instead,
But when have we listened to a thing he has said?
So we decided to invite those he holds dear,
to help him celebrate his 60th year!


Friday morning Michele and Mike flew into Milwaukee and drove up to Green Bay. That was a surprise in itself, he had NO IDEA they were coming in for the weekend. We got to work getting things ready, ran some errands and went up to Titletown in the afternoon to decorate and get ready. Around 5, my mom went and picked up dad from work and brought him to Titletown to have (what he thought) would be their normal mug club fish special Friday night dinner. Needless to say he was shocked to see Michele and Mike with Bob, Anna, and I at their normal table upstairs.


SURPRISE!

We then shared that this night was a little different than most normal Friday nights. This night was about him and 50 of his closest family and friends were coming up in an hour or so to toast to him and help him celebrate the big 6-0!


Elizabeth and Brett were in charge of the cake - great job guys, it was perfect!

The party was a huge success - we all had a great time and it is was so fun to see everyone that came.  Certainly a night my family will always hold dear to our hearts. My dad was thrilled and so appreciative of all the work we had done. Good job mom - WE DID IT!

I will let the pictures share the rest of the night - Enjoy!

Anna kept busy before the party started!
Dad with Bob and Mike enjoying a beer before the party started.

The party begins

Michele and I


Dad with his fellow coworkers

Anna Rae with my dad's mom and sister Colleen

Dad with his best friend from elementary school, Dave, Dave's brother Skip, and Brett's father Jay

LOVED watching these guys play pool, friends since elementary school, it was just like watching a bunch of little boys play, so cute!

Brett, Michele, and Bob hanging out
Toasting dad


We got him!!!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment