Family

Family

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year!



Happy New Year Everyone!

Bob and I went back and forth on what we would do for New Years 2010. We contemplated going out to a party we were invited to, but it just didn't seem right to not ring in the new year with our little Anna Rae, so we decided we would just stay in, make a fancy dinner, and celebrate as a family. A week before Christmas, I was out shopping with my mom, Peg, and Anna, and found a ridiculously cute dress at Ann Taylor that I couldn't resist and was marked down from $248 to $29.99. So then I decided we would join my parents at Thornberry for the night, as they were attending their annual formal for New Years and it would be a great place to wear my spanking new dress. After further discussion, we decided that while the dress was adorable, Bob would have to rent a tux and that would negate the money I saved on the dress. So the dress is tucked safely away in my closet for another time.

A few days later we were talking with Bob's parents and decided we would spend New Year's Eve with Paul, Lois, and Brad at our house. We had a great time - instead of a fancy dinner, we made one of our favorite meals, Cincinnati skyline chili. If you have never had it, it comes highly recommended by the Seidel family. You can pick up the seasoning mix at Festival or Woodman's in Green Bay and it is super easy to make.

Our New Year's celebration consisted of a wonderful dinner, 3 hours of a very intense game of Uno Attack, mojitos, tons of laughter, and good family fun - I honestly don't think I have laughed as hard as I did Friday night in a long time. It was wonderful to spend a night in with Anna and family and celebrate what is truly important to Bob and I - the love and support of good family. The next morning, Bob and I made a commitment to each other that we will spend every New Years Eve as a family playing games and enjoying each other's company.

As I reflect back, I am overwhelmed with all we have to be thankful for in 2010 - most importantly our little Anna Rae, who is such a healthy and happy baby, good jobs, a roof over our heads, food to eat, our health, puppies who we adore, and the love and support of family and friends. While there were some lows in 2010, including the loss of Bob's grandfather, my job loss in the beginning of the year, and Michele and Mike's loss in December, I am reminded that it is those struggles that mold us into who we are and we are stronger because of those experiences. I am optimistic 2011 will be a good year. We look forward to watching Anna Rae learn to toddle around as she continues to discover her new world, Anna's baptism and first birthday, I will officially start part time at my job, and a Packer Superbowl victory - Bob's input of course!

We wish everyone a healthy and happy 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment