Family

Family

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Go Pack Go!



Things certainly are getting exciting here in Green Bay. Last weekend, the Packers were able to beat the Bears in their final game of the regular season, ensuring themselves the wild card in the play offs. Growing up I was never really that interested in football, but once I started dating Bob I quickly learned…if I wanted to hang out on Sundays, I better learn the game and now I cannot imagine not cheering on the Packers every Sunday! I was fortunate enough to go to the game and watch the excitement go down from the 1st row. I have never been that close to professional football and it was quite the experience and was very thankful for the opportunity. Not only was it great to be so close the action, it was also exciting to take in all of the sideline chaos…from security, local and national TV cameras, TV personalities, players, there was so much to see . The most exciting part of the game for me was after the game had ended, before running through the tunnel, Rogers, Jennings, and Driver, ran around the field slapping everyone’s hands before going in to the locker room. I had told my dad jokingly before going to the game - I was going to be sitting so close I would be able to slap Rogers on the behind….little did I know, I really would get the opportunity to slap his hand!!!

While Bob and I both love to cheer on the Packers, we all know Bob is a much bigger fan and certainly invests more energy and emotion into the Packers each season, so I felt kind of guilty going to the game without him. I appreciate his understanding and encouraging me to go and have fun – thanks sweetie, I love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment