Family

Family

Thursday, March 18, 2010

There is a baby in my belly!


This week Bob and I had our second ultrasound. We were very excited for the occasion and decided to ask both my mom and Bob’s mom to come along with, so they too could catch a glimpse of their future grandchild. We decided going into the appointment we were not going to find out, which is a good thing, because the ultrasound tech herself was not able to tell what the sex of the baby is, looks like we have a feisty one on our hands! We were her last appointment of the day and the first couple to not want to know. Up until us, she had boys all day long, which only peaked my curiosity more, but we managed to stay strong. She was able to render a guess in our file, with question marks all around it and assured us if we changed our mind we could come in for another peak and she would try again. Baby looks good, very active and weighs approx 13 oz, and is in the 35th percentile. The ultrasound tech did do a 3 D scan, which was so exciting to see. Being able to make out the features of baby’s eyes, nose, and mouth brings a whole new sense of reality that there really is a baby in my belly! For the first time, I think I finally believe this is really going to happen. Bob is still adamant it is a girl and Lois is determined it is a boy. From the beginning of the pregnancy, I have always said we were going to have a boy, but now after seeing the sonogram, I don’t know what to think. Either or, we both agree all we want is our baby to be strong and healthy!

2 comments:

  1. So exciting for the 2 of you! Cant wait to meet this fiesty one! :0)
    Haley

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting!!! Can't wait to see you and the little Bump. Today I think it is a boy!

    ReplyDelete