Family

Family

Monday, February 15, 2010

4 Month Update




Above are some pics, the first is of our first glimpse of our little peanut - this was from my first ultrasound at 8 weeks and the second is Bob putting together our crib ...

We had our 3rd OB appointment today and I am happy to report all is going well. My appointment was scheduled for 3:30 and around 11 I received a call from the Doctor's office asking if we could come in for 12:30 because my Doc had to do an emergency surgery this afternoon. Since Bob couldn't get off of work and home in time, my mom was able to go with me. Needless to say, she jumped at the chance to hear her future grandchild's heartbeat, which was beating at a strong 152 - which was music to our ears. I am measuring right at 17 weeks and am happy to report I haven't gained any weight yet! I have no doubt that will catch up with me very soon as I am starting to notice my pants are getting a little tight - might be time to start shopping for some maternity clothes...which I have to admit, I am a little excited to do! We are looking forward to our next OB appt - we will have our second ultrasound and will be able to find out the sex of the baby if we want.....do we or don't we?!?!? As of now, we don't think we want to, but are very tempted!!! We have also officially settled on names for both a boy or girl. We have had a boy name picked out for quite a while, but have struggled to agree on a girl name. We decided to give ourselves a week to come up with our top 5 girl names each and see if we could pick one from there...turns out it wasn't as hard as we thought it would be and over dinner quickly settled on one we both loved.

We officially have a painted nursery and I am very excited with how it turned out. After testing the colors on the wall I decided I didn't care for the brown stripes I was thinking of going with. I hadn't taken into consideration the difference in brown to the woodwork and closet doors and did not like the way it would look, so we decided to do just a simple light green color. The paint color is Pistachio Ice Cream and it is a very calming and soothing pastel green.

No comments:

Post a Comment