Family

Family

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

One Month To Go!!!!

It is hard to believe we only have one month to go before we get to meet our little bambino! The past few weeks have kept Bob and I very busy! Two weeks ago we had our last baby shower, thrown by Bob's parents. It was a great day! Minus a little wind, we had beautiful weather and enjoyed the company of family at Bob's parents house at a backyard cook out. It was great to spend time with the family and celebrate the arrival of Baby Seidel. We are so thankful for all the effort Paul and Lois put into the shower and for all the help from Bob's siblings - we really appreciate the effort from everyone to make the day such a success!

The week following the shower I took off of work as a required furlough week. I plan on taking 8 weeks off when our peanut arrives and decided it might be nice to take one more week before the baby comes to prepare the house and to enjoy a little free time. It worked out well - with the help of my mom we organized and finished the nursery, washed the baby's clothes, washed baby bottles, and did some cleaning around the house I have been meaning to get to. Bob and I also installed the car seat and packed our hospital bag and diaper bag and loaded the car with everything we want to bring to the hospital, so when the time comes, we are ready to go. The reality of everything really hit me this past weekend when Bob and I were in the nursery playing with the video camera. We wanted to make sure it was charged and ready to bring to the hospital. Bob took some video of us and the puppies and it really dawned on me how much our lives are about to change. I tear up just thinking about how lucky we are to have one another and how fortunate we have been to have experienced such a healthy pregnancy and I just can't wait to meet our little one. We can only hope the puppies are just as excited as we are:)

I had my last biweekly appointment today. From here on out I will see my doctor on a weekly basis. We had a great appointment - Baby's heart rate is still strong and my blood pressure is very good. As I had suspected, the baby has started to drop. Hard to believe we have just 4 weeks to go!!!!

1 comment:

  1. We're so excited for you guys! Great to hear everything is still going well and we can't wait to visit you *3* in the hospital.

    -John

    ReplyDelete